I sorta let my scrapbooking/cardmaking fall to the side due to LIFE. But I am finally back! lol!
Now my first share is just a card but hey it is a start! Thanks to Sketch-N-Scrap I had a great sketch to start me off! Make sure to visit Sketch-N-Scrap to check out the sketch!
Now on to some layouts! Gotta keep the mojo going!
These recipes were taken from a group of McCalls soft covered recipes books that were weekly grocery store giveaways when I was a teen! I collected them for my hope chest! My mom got a set for me and a set for her. Over the years my set has begun to fall apart so I thought if I saved it here on my blog I would have some of my favorites for ever! OH and my children can get to them this way also! Also going to pin them on pintrest from here! LOL! if you stumble on them on my blog, trust me they are the best!!!
old fashion Apple Pie
Pastry for 2 crust pie 6 cups thinly sliced pared
1 cup sugar cooking apples (2 lbs)
1 teaspoon cinnamon 2 tablespoons butter or
4 tablespoons flour margarine
1. on lightly floured surface, roll out half of pastry into an 11 inch circle. Use to line 9 inch pie plate, trim. Refigerate with rest of pastry, until ready to use.
2. Preheat oven to 425f
3. In small bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, flour, and salt, mixing well
4. Add to apples in large bowl, tossing lightly to combine.
5. Turn into pastry-lined pie plate, mounding high in center. dot with butter
6. Roll out remaining pastry into an 11 inch circle. Make several slits near center for steam vents. adjust over filling, trim.
7. Fold edge of top crust under bottom crust: press together with fingertips. Crimp edge decoratively.
8. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or untle apples are tender and crust is golden-brown.
9. Cool partially on wire rack. Serve warm.
Macaroni and Cheese Casserole (Baked, this is my families absolute fav Mac and cheese ever)
Welcome to the Practical Scrappers/Paper Secrets Blog Hop! We are so excited to have you here today! For this blog hop we are featuring the Ten Things Team from Practical Scrappers and members from the Design Team at Paper Secrets. Our topic for this hop is a fun, trendy one that will definitely catch your attention: wood! We have a collection of wood goodies from Paper Secrets to give away and you can get all the details on that below, but first here's the list for the hop!
What's new? The sketch that is up on the Paper Secrets Blog!!! A new sketch means another chance to win a gift certificate to the Paper Secrets Store! Head over to the Paper Secrets Blog to check out the sketch challenge!
Here is my layout following the sketch challenge!
The handsome young man is my grandson Britton!
Want to win some scrapbooking supplies! You even get to pick out the supplies!!! Yes that is right! The April 15th Paper Secrets Challenge is up! Do the challenge and get a chance to win a gift certificate to spend at the Paper Secrets Store!!!
Here is my layout for the challenge!
Dylan is such a monkey! It was not easy getting his photo Easter Sunday!
So head over to the Paper Secrets Blog and see the challenge and all of the Design Teams examples!